Dimensions & Weight
- Length: 57.1mm (2.25")
- Width: 31.8mm (1.25")
- Height: 17.8mm (0.70")
- 22.2 grams (0.783 ounces)
- Animal Ear Tag: 4 grams (0.141 ounces)
- Multipurpose Clip: 5 grams (0.176 ounces)
Solar Charge Rate
- .125 watts
- 5 hours of direct sunlight to fully charge from a dead battery
- 3 hours of direct daily sunlight to keep fully charged at 30 minute reporting rate
- Battery Type: Lithium Polymer
- Battery Charge Time: Depends on sun exposure
- Battery Capacity: 150mAh
- Battery Lithium Content: 0.054 grams (0.002 ounces)
- Absolute Min/Max Temperature Range: -40C to +80C
- Charging Temperature Range: -10C to +65C
- Transmission (Operational) Temperature Range: -20C to +70C
Expected Battery Life (without charging the battery)
|Reporting Interval||Battery Life*|
|30 minute / 48 per day||1.5 days|
|1 hour / 24 per day||3 days|
|4 hours / 6 per day||10 days|
|6 hours / 4 per day||14 days|
|12 hours / 2 per day||19 days|
|24 hours / 1 per day||28 days|
* Conditions which will ultimately affect battery life include: Aging of solar cells, aging of battery which accelerates at high temperature, temperature of battery for discharge which degrades at low temperature.
- Altitude range (recommended): 40,000 feet
- IP Rating: IP68 (certification pending)
- Dust tight - no ingress of dust, complete protection against contact
- Liquid immersion up to 1M depth for 30 minutes
- Animal Ear Tag: Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)
- Modular Clip Mount: PC UV Stabilized Copolymer
- Form Factor: PC UV Stabilized Copolymer
- Contains Transmitter Module*:
FCC ID: L2V-ST100
- GPS Chip: ZOE-M8
- BLE Chip: NRF 52832
* The transmitter complies with FCC CFR25.213.
GPS Performance (ZOE-M8)
SBAS L1 C/A:
- 2.0 m CEP
- Cold starts: 26 s
- Aided starts: 2 s
- Reacquisition: 1 s
- Tracking & Nav: –167 dBm
- Cold starts: –148 dBm
- Hot starts: –157 dBm
- Active CW detection and removal
- Extra onboard SAW band pass filter
Warning – Modifications:
Changes or modifications to the internal parts not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
Warning – Blasting Area:
To avoid interference with blasting operations, turn your transmitter off when in a “Blasting Area” or in areas posted “Turn off two-way radio.” Obey all signs and instructions.
Warning – Potential Explosive Atmosphere:
Turn off the transmitter or any product with the transmitter installed when in any area with a potentially explosive atmosphere and obey all signs and instructions. (End products specifically designed to work in Explosive Atmospheres are to follow their certification guidelines.)
Warning – Pacemakers:
The Health Industry Manufacturers Association recommends that a minimum separation of six (6”) inches be maintained between the transmitter and a pacemaker to avoid potential interference with the pacemaker.
Warning – Hearing Aids:
Some digital wireless devices may interfere with some hearing aids. In order to prevent such interference, you may want to consult the manufacturer of your hearing aid.
Warning - Specific Absorption Rate (SAR):
FCC / Canada:
The transmitter has been shown to be compliant to localized Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for uncontrolled environment/ general exposure limits specified in ANSI/IEEE STD C95.1-1992 and has been tested in accordance with measurement procedure specified in IEEE 1528-2013 and IEC 62209- 2.2010 using a separation distance of 20 cm.
European Union (CE RED):
The transmitter has been shown to be compliant for localized specific absorption rate (SAR) for uncontrolled environment / general exposure limits specified in ANSI/IEEE Std. C95.1-1999 and has been tested in accordance with the measurement procedures specified in EN50566:2017 and EN62209- 2:2010 using a separation distance of 20 cm.
NOTE: If concerned about RF exposure during use, place the transmitter away from your body. The RF exposure level drops off dramatically with distance from the antenna.